Continuing my testing (L25, finished Chapter 3),
Probably my last in this vein for a while because I've gone about as far as I can. Almost all quests are stuck or done.
- 7 quests inherently stuck or glitched: Race Day, Edmund's Urchin Rally, Trouble Afoot, Eliminate The Fog (Lagoon #2), Special Delivery, Cat O' Nine Tails, and Boss Man.
- 12 stuck due to my own actions (not worth listing).
- several more that I could have stuck but chose not to.
19 . Updates worth noting for late-game quests:
- Edmund's Urchin Rally: stuck just like Race Day but worse, because apparently there is a maximum of 10 flags that you can have at one time. (So if you are stuck on both, that's 14 flagpoles that can't be interacted with to accept flags.) The only good thing is that after a few days, the method of getting more flags for EUR reset. If these quests ever get fixed, I'm sure there will be more discussion on the topic.
- Fixing equipment: I hadn't specified previously, but there are tons of quests to "fix" something, and if you abandon the quest it is still standing there waiting to be fixed. Don't Touch It!! Instead, go back, get the quest, and then fix it. Some reset, some don't, but it's not worth getting a quest stuck.
Other Quest Updates but not Noteworthy
20 . New Ones I Broke:
- Sink Holes actually does resets the number of samples to the number of samples in your inventory, but only gives a check after picking up something else...so technically I was able to break it by being at 3/3 but with no check mark and placing them on the table.
- Give Us a Looksie! because you can only get the coils once, so you need to give them all to Rose at once (like many others).
21 . More Opportunities for Extra Stuff:
- Snake Oil just keep adding venom to get more, no abandoning the quest required.
- Larry's Hair-Brained Scheme similar to other bobblehead related quests, you can get more with hair by abandoning and starting again.
- For The Fans is an opportunity to get more printer plates, but by now you likely already have a lot of them.
22 . Updates from Previous:
- Navigation Refit: I thought this was stuck, but it reset after a few days.
- Boss Man: I was able to get it one more time, but I also had Milk and Honey, and some interaction caused Boss Man to complete after beating a regular enemy in the Meadows.
23 . Ones I was surprised didn't break (reset immediately or after a few days):
- Everything from the Racing Thread with Ishaan (until getting stuck at Edmund's Urchin Rally due to the unrelated glitch)
- Remotely Frustrating
- Living Vicariously
- Snowcones Abroad
- Snake Oil although you need 4 venom AND 4 snake oil.
- Ordered in Bulk which was surprising and required completing the others then going back to the Flying L
- Easy Rider
- A Fuel-Colored Solution.
- Robotic Footfalls, confirming that the mech table resets for everything, so also More Juice, and Headstrong
- Sharing Research
- Flood Damage
- You Break It
Now I need to start a new character and go past the places I got stuck on this character to see if there is anything new.