Enemy Armor and Healing Glitch:
Sorry for this one being long
Category: Combat Glitch
Platform(s) Affected: Windows (possibly others)
Current Status: Reported 7 May 2022
Glitch Occurrence/Specification: Fighting anything that is supposed to have armor.
Glitch Reporter: @Raphael_Maxmatch
Related Glitches: None Known
Side Effects/Similar Issues: Not sure what else this might be related to.
Details: Since the update last year, armor has worked as damage reduction to the initial hit, after which resistances and vulnerabilities and condition synergies are applied. Armor 15 would reduce an attack of 10 to 0, and an attack of 40 to 25.
However, it is now working differently, more like the original of only affecting attacks below a certain threshold. There is no more damage reduction to big hits. And small hits now actually heal the enemy. If it's only affecting me, or only the folks who have bible codes applied, we'll be valuable members in a fight. If this was an intentional update for everyone, it still needs more work. Shrank the details to save space:
**Examples / Tested Steps / Test Results:**
I noticed it when fighting with someone who has the Aetherlight Bible codes (aka using the wrench hammer and wearing the Knights of Old Aethasia outfit), who mentioned having issues. We were decimating the Big Drill on the Isle (our attacks were ignoring its armor value). Then I noticed it after applying Aetherlight Bible codes from an extra bible to my account to see what they were talking about. However, I didn’t think to check in between those times. Asking on the forums if anyone else is noticing these same issues.
1. I fought a Bombardier (previously Armor 10). Text says “Blocks hits under 10 damage.” Used the Wrench Hammer, and the 30 damage hits did 30 damage. No damage reduction.
2. Just to check, I fought a basic technomite, and the old "Dodges hits above 15" had not returned. Combat was normal.
3. Checked to see if it was just the Wrench Hammer, so changed back to my usual Tesla Hammer. Fought a Bombardier and Troubleshooter. Used Water Rifle on the Troubleshooter (crit), which did 20 to the Troubleshooter (they always cut water damage in half, so resistance was unaffected), but also did 10 to the Bombardier. Meeting the value gets through.
4. Here was the interesting one. Next fought two Business Bombardiers (supposed to be Armor 15) a few times with different weapons. Text was "Blocks Hits under 15 Damage".
A critical hit with the Water Rifle (supposed to be 40 on one, 10 on the other) did 40 damage to the first, and actually healed the second for 5 (15-10 = 5).
Hitting with a Dueling Cane healed for 3+3+3 (15-10 = 5, x60% due to resistance to bludgeoning).
Hitting with a Screw Cane healed for 7+7+7 (15-10 = 5, x150% due to vulnerability to piercing).
Hitting with the Tesla Gauntlet dealt 15 to each (meeting the value got through again).
5. Tested in another location, Northern Slurries, with similar results on the armored enemies there.
6. Need to test with another player. However, being on the other side of it is was what made me check in the first place.
7. Went to one of my other characters to check, and one without the Aetherlight Bible code items is seeing the same things.
1 & 3: