Updated "Special Delivery" Quest Glitch
I found new glitches related to this quest:
System: Windows, maybe others
Reported by: @Raphael_Maxmatch
Reported: 30 Jan 2022
1) Low Priority: Upon receiving the quest, it already had the box for "Speak to Lukas" checked. I suppose it could be completed without talking to him, but you'd miss out on the free radio beacon.
2) Medium Priority: If you flee from the ambush fight and go back to Irving, the dialogue proceeds as it is supposed to, but the fight doesn't come back.
3) Medium Priority: I wish I had noticed it 8 radio beacons ago, but in the situation above (flee the fight and come back), you give another radio beacon to Irving every time you talk to him.
3) Unlimited Radio Beacons - already fixed, Lukas only gave one radio beacon.
4) Irving not taking the Radio Beacon - as noted, it's completed by talking to Irving, not giving the item.
Details: Because I'm testing various damage types against enemies, and the "Officer" is technically new, I try out some damage types, flee, switch weapons, fight again, and try out different damage types. Most of the "quest" fights allow for fleeing (or dying) and coming back to try it again. However, after fleeing the fight for this quest, I talked to Irving again, the dialogue proceeded concluding in "OH NO! We're under attack !!! Help me!!" (which grammatically could also have the space between attack and the exclamation marks deleted). However, the enemy never re-materializes. I wonder if it's because the quest already has delivering the radio beacon to Irving checked off...and we don't want to have to deliver multiple items if you have to fight more than once. And now that I'm thinking about it, I just checked, and while Lukas gave me a 19th radio beacon, I'm down to only 9 because I kept talking to Irving again (trying again and waiting, leaving and coming back, fighting something else and coming back, etc.).