Over the past month or so, I used an extra skein of blue yarn to try to knit the Great Engineer’s hood:
(Excuse the photo quality )
It’s nothing huge, but I’m getting cleaner with my stitches and learned to do the stockinette stitch! If your interested in the pattern, here’s the link:
Note that I made the hood without the cowl, and I ended up doing 120(!) cast-on stitches with size 8 needles instead of the suggested 48 cast-on stitches with size 16 needles. Because of this size change, the length of the knit will also need to be longer, which should be about 29 inches instead of 12, although in retrospect that was a little too long.