(And my reason for deleting Elm's picture:)
@Iliara_Mustardtop @Xonos_Darkgrate1 I as well have been considering what guidelines should be in place when it comes to pictures. First, though, I will try to explain the difference between Xonos's GIF and Iliara's picture. Hold on, everybody, it might get weird...
The differences between Iliara's picture and Xonos's GIF:
- Xonos's hair is covered so you cannot see his hairstyle
- You could see Elm's hair, its length, its shape (i.e. wave, curly, or straight) and its exact color
- The lighting in Xonos's GIF is not great, and the quality wasn't good either
- Elm's picture had great lighting and was large quality, i.e. more details and more accurate colors
- Xonos's GIF doesn't have anyone else in it
- Elm's picture included her brother, establishing relative height and yet another identifier by his skin color and size
- Xonos is a boy who was wearing long-sleeve, puffy clothes (you can't tell what the outline of his torso looks like from the GIF)
- Elm is a girl who was wearing sleeveless, tighter clothes (you CAN tell what the shape of her torso looks like from the picture)
I told you this would get weird! But facts are facts, and you asked for it. General shape DOES matter in identifying someone or not.
General Guidelines when Making Media to Post:
Always go on the safe side. If the lighting in your picture/whatever-media-form-it-is is good*, please hide the color of your skin. Showing your hands is fine, but wear high-neck long-sleeve clothes otherwise.
Try to wear puffy clothes. Hide your hair color and style by tucking it in the hood of a sweatshirt or jacket. Never show your face or eyes. (Obviously).
For videos/sound GIFs, do not include sound. This is a good idea because any ambient noise could give away landmarks you live near (like a train's horn, or the sound of a waterfall). As of now, you may not include your voice either. This can also give away things about you, like how old you are.
*Good lighting as in any lighter than this (click)
I hope that clears up some of the confusion. I can write more about this later, if necessary.