There are indeed. nods wisely and then drops a file onto your desk with an ominous thump
Read this and if you agree to the guidelines, you may join the Fashion Police.
~ ~ ~ ~ File APA-004 - Level 1 Clearance - New Personnel Orientation ~ ~ ~ ~
1. Uphold the guidelines. If there is any deviation from said guidelines, you will be suspended from service for up to a week and issued a warning. Three warnings will result in a longer suspension or possible expulsion.
2. If you wish to propose a new amendment to the guidelines, the proper paperwork must be filed. See form APA-112 for paperwork guidelines.
3. The guidelines detail the proper code of conduct for those of the different branches of the Awesome People Associaton. Branches include but are not limited to Outfit and Accessory Compatibility and all levels thereof, the Fashion Police and all levels thereof, Dye Fashions and all levels thereof, and Science and Solutions and all levels thereof.
4. Officers of the Fashion Police may not make an irritant of themselves in the minds of the citizens of fair Aethasia or those of the Aetherlight forums. See 9. for more details.
5. Members of the Outfit and Accessory Compatibility branch are given the freedom to analyze and direct the course of certain fashion trends, though are always subject to the sway of popular opinion. Do not go against the public. 98% of the time it will end badly and threatens to compromise the mission of the APA.
6. Members of the Dye Fashions branch specialize in the formulation of various dyes and cooperate with the OAAC to create fashion laws.
7. Members of the Science and Solutions branch specialize in the fields of science and the discovery of solutions to various problems.
8. All other branches of the APA will remain covert until Level 2 Clearance is reached.
9. Fashion Police Officers may not result to extreme measures to enforce the laws created by the OAAC. Officers may not create an irritant of themselves by continual badgering. Instead, officers may give up to three friendly warnings to a fashion offender, and then must file a report with the OAAC (See form APA-112 for paperwork guidelines). The OAAC will then determine if the offense is worthy of punishment. (See 10. for details about the various forms of punishment to offenders)
10. If a civilian refuses to uphold the guidelines and rules specified by the APA, no action will be taken except for noting the name and offense of the offender in the proper format specified in form APA-112.
11. Applications to the APA are currently open, but may be closed at any given time. After applications are considered, an invitation may be extended. Other methods of joining the APA include but are not limited to: direct invitation, indemnification, and endowment.
12. Members of the APA must know how to effectively lurk in the shadows.
If you can meet the above expectations and agree to the above guidelines, you will be considered for or admitted to the APA.
~Ariella Newheart, CEO of the APA and Captain of the Fashion Police of Aethasia