I was helping a user with this task so I thought I would post the answer here too! If you end up with 1/2 of the clues for this task. Here's what to do to find the poison detector:
- Craft a Fog Extinguisher in Cellroom 3920 (aka Jefferson's Cell).
- Then enter the Grease Pits and from your location use the Dreamweaver to reveal a scarlet ribbon that zig-zags up the grease pits.
- Follow the scarlet ribbon and continue revealing segments of it until you are lead to Chem Bunker 4021.
- Enter Chem Bunker 4021.
- Use the Fog Extinguisher on the fog fire inside of the room.
- Once the fire is cleared, approach the poison vat that's opening has been shattered.
- Use the Dreamweaver to reveal the Poison Detector inside of the broken poison vat.
- The task should now be completed if you have already found the other clue!
Anyone is free to add some other advice they have concerning this task!